Tuesday, June 25, 2013

I Heard It On The Grape Vine.



I don't know about you, but there are times in SL when I see the work of a designer and give an audible gasp.  When I spotted this magnificent silken top at Malt, that was one of those times.  Whilst there were various colors available, it was the 'Grape Vine' combination that totally captured my attention.  Watching 'Say Yes To The Dress' on Foxtel the other day, one of the brides wanted the G.L.O. factor which she described as Glamorous, Luxurious and Opulent.  Obviously this isn't a wedding dress but to me, this top is GLO.  Khea Karas (Malt's owner/designer), you have excelled in creating a top that by my reckoning, is PERFECT.


I took another spoon of Malt when I found this lovely stitched suede skirt in 'Scarlet Gum'.


Accessorizing was not so easy because I wanted to stay as close to the two stunning colors of the top.  With some leg work, I found these shoes at GOS called 'Storm Sandals' and purchased a color updater in purple.


I purchased the color change asymmetrique bracelets from Je Suis which allowed me to create a sympathetic color combo with each bracelet using the color change hud.


My real scoop was finding this delightful Ostrich Leather Bag from Zenith Fashion in a color that matches the green quite well.  This look took me a while to gather but given I fell head over my GOS heels for the top, deserved the time and attention to satisfy me that I had achieved the look I was going for.  Of course our fashion choices are so subjective but at the end of the day, you have to style to your personal taste and if I love it, that's all that really matters.

CHALICE'S TICK OF APPROVAL GOES TO:

Hair: Nostalgic in Bleached color by Auxiliary 
Skin: Cleo in Europa tone (make up #12) by Glam Affair
Eyes: Acute Mesh Eyes in Violet color by Crash Republic
Hands: Skink
Nails: From Rich Colors pack avatar enhancement nails by Orc. Inc.
Top: Lorelei Vest in Grape Vine color by Malt
Skirt: Stitched Suede Skirt in Scarlet Gum by Malt
Shoes: Storm Sandals in Purple by GOS
Bag: Khaki Ostrich Leather Bag by Zenith Fashion
Bracelets: Asymmetrique bracelets (fat pack and color change) from Je Suis
Ring camera left: Voyante Gemstone ring by Je Suis
Ring camera right: Ketama Color Change ring by Maxi Gossamer
Earrings: Vintage Earrings by Bliensen and MaiTai
Location: Kusangi (home of FTL Mainstore)

No comments:

Post a Comment