Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Introducing Avantgarda Creations Skin

For those of you who frequent Flickr, you are bound to have seen the amazing works of Rebeca Bashly.  She is amazingly talented and a sweet, encouraging presence to those in the embryonic stages of their photography skills. Thank goodness for us, Rebeca has turned her hand to skin making and is about to launch her new enterprise, Avantgarda Creations, on Friday May 7th at 1pm SLT. In support of new designers, I would encourage you to go enjoy the entertainment, DJ Simone Peterman of Second Nights, and also check out her new Avantgarda range.



This post is picture heavy but I did want to provide visuals on all of the range from different angles. Please note that there is NO MANIPULATION of the skins in PS so these are raw photo's. Given the dramatic nature of the make up and in particular the gorgeous brows in both the Cherrie and Schatzi range, I chose to present a Vintage look to capture the glamorous aspect of these skins.



Due to skins being a very personal choice and everyone's criteria of the perfect skin is so varied, I will refrain from adding any critique only to say that I really love this look and will be wearing them for many photo shoots in the future. They are very different in that the facial features are robust and the shading on the body strong but for me, that is what makes them so photogenic. 

I wish Rebeca the best of luck with her new venture and congratulate her on the product.  It's always exciting to watch the evolution of new designers and I hope I have gone a little way to help you gain more exposure for your opening.  Thank you for sharing your skins with me and I was honored to present them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment