Monday, February 8, 2010

Chalice In Wonderland: Some Day's You're The Lamp Post...Some Day's You're the Dog

In light of some recent happenings played out in public, I just wanted to remind us all how fragile and delicate life is and in the blink of an eye, everything can change. Without wishing to inflame matters or take a side, which I can't because I don't know anything, just on the periphery and putting two and two together, I can see there has been some dissent. 

It happens all the time and will continue to happen and for the most part, its healthy that we don't all see things the same way.  I merely wanted to suggest that before we say or write anything, we think for a minute 'where will this information go"', 'will I feel this way tomorrow?' and 'what can people do with this information?'  If you're happy with your own answer's, go knock yourself out and say what what you gotta say but be kind to yourself and make sure the real you is talking, rather than the reactive you.  The number of times I've wanted to vent, get it out, exorcise the negative stuff right out my body and just dump it all out there is amazing.  More times than not, I've regretted it and wished I had just given myself a buffer.

This is honestly a no-judgment post. I've just been contemplating what I've been reading over the last few days and more than anything, wanted to remind myself that if I want to purge, I'd better be prepared for others to purge right back at me.

Thought I'd just share my most favorite quote (from someone) that I think about when I need grounding.  I've got 80,000.000 hugs left in my lifetime...I can sure afford to send some out to you all and say, 'this too will pass'.. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment