Sunday, July 19, 2009

SL - It's addictive


Who wouldn't want to be beautiful? Who wouldn't want to have perfect features, a to-die-for figure and the ability to walk in impossibly high heels no matter the ground surface? Well I sure put my hand up to that.

Two things attracted me and kept me in SL since October 2007. These were the wonderful people I met and my avatar. The opportunity to create the perfect virtual person. To have the hair I dreamed of, wear the clothes I coveted and to unashamedly swan around SL showing it all off. That was heaps of fun for the longest time but then I got bored. So now as I phase out of SL spending no time in-world, I wonder why I can't cut it out of my life completely. I still enjoy reading the feeds and seeing what new things have been created for residents.

I do feel a strong affinity with SL players and sometimes feel a little envious of the new residents who have it all in front of them to discover. I just wish I'd had some artistic talent to offer that would have given the game more depth and interest for me. I've decided I will never sink any more RL $'s into the game so if I do venture in it will only be to appreciate the beautiful things you guys have created.

I still can't give my massive wardrobe and other stuff away just yet. I'm not ready to say goodbye to Chalice's face right now. So as I charge into the sunset of the Middle East, Greece, Croatia, Turkey, Italy or Jordan (and other places) on my upcoming RL adventure, I hope I'll be back to keep enjoying the wonderful world that is SL, if only to remind myself that it can be a very healing, supportive place if used for good, not evil. It is addictive and that's understandable...in a flash you can be anyone and anywhere your heart desires.

I have learned a valuable lesson playing SL. All I have control of is what I say and do. Other people have to walk their own path and be accountable for their actions. Sounds twee I know but I have often grappled with being reactive rather than proactive which has often come out in me opening my mouth when I shouldn't. I'm so chillaxed lately, I have to take my blood-pressure to make sure I'm here.

See ya peeps and could someone please try and get rid of those bloody horrible cankles on avatar's. They're so ugly and need to go. Moody's are sensational but can only do so much to make the SL foot look awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment